When you're looking for a children's dentist in North Delta, what do you need to know? How do you find the right 'fit' for your kids?
When trying to find a dentist for your child – whether she is an infant just sprouting her very first tooth, or a teenager who needs braces – you definitely want to choose a caring and patient professional who loves working with kids.
The practice, from the dentist and dental team to the range of services, needs to meet both your needs, and those of your children.
Choosing the right dentist for you kids can be overwhelming, particularly when you're not sure which questions to ask.
So, here's a list of some great initial questions you should ask yourself as you search for a children's dentist in North Delta.
Before Your First Visit
- Is the dentist specially trained and interested in treating children?
- Is the dentist a member of the American Dental Association and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry?
- Is the dentist's office environment inviting and friendly for children? Are there children's games, books, toys, or child-sized furniture?
- How does the practice handle children's' dental emergencies?
- Is the office conveniently located, either near your home or near your children's school in Delta?
- Does the practice accept your dental benefit plan?
After Your First Visit
- Was the dentist and his or her team punctual?
- Did they ask for a complete medical and dental history for your child? (This is extremely important!)
- Were the dentist and his team gentle but thorough during the dental examination?
- How did the dentist and her team get along with your child? Was your child engaged and comfortable?
- Did the dentist make sure inform you about your child's tooth development, the causes and prevention of dental disease, and appropriate at-home dental care?
- Were the questions you asked treated with respect and concern?
- Was the visit a positive one for your child, overall?
These are just a few things to think about as embark on your search for a children's dentist in Delta.